And they're off! Royal Ascot has opened its doors for another year and I have been keeping a close eye on the makeup and fashion already, especially as there is stricter dress code that has been issued ahead of this year's meet. One person who has caught my eye is Kate Middleton! Everyone’s in love with Kate Middleton and I adore her fresh-faced look and wanted to show you how to re-create her look for yourselves on a budget with MUA Cosmetics…
· Kate is a beautiful girl. She enhances her best features in a simple and pretty way. This look is approachable, beautiful and refined, but not at all complicated. Kate’s makeup looks very similar from day to evening. Both day and evening would start with a small amount of BB Cream- £4 foundation applied to the areas of the face where it's needed: Around the nose, chin, under the eyes, and forehead for a sheer natural looking coverage.
· Apply the brush on concealer pen -£2 under the eyes to camouflage any dark shadows. Apply a shade 1/4 shade lighter than your foundation. This will bring light to the area and help cancel out darkness.
· Kate doesn’t seem to use a lot of powder. I would guess that she probably uses blotting papers or pressed powder -£1 in the centre of her face. Kate most likely leaves the cheeks and outer perimeter powder free. This creates a dewy glow.
· Blush is an important step that a lot of girls and women forget to do. Kate likes a pretty rose coloured blush on the apples of her cheeks. She uses a matte shade for day and a pretty pink shimmer for evening. Try shade 1 blusher- £1 for the day and then use Mosaic Blusher in shade ‘English Rose’-£2.50 for the evening.
· Kate favours natural looking eyes with an emphasis on the lash line. She tends to use brown, deep violets or greys to enhance her pretty greenish blue eyes. Kate lines both the top and bottom lash lines. The she smudges the top line and keeps the line precise on the bottom. Trio eye shadow in Passion- £2.50 is perfect for a natural eye look at the Ascots.
· Finally Kate’s lips always look natural so I suggest using Sugar Lips from the Love Heart Collection range- £2
All MUA Cosmetics can be purchased from selected Superdrug stores and online www.muastore.co.uk